Monday, May 21, 2012

Move It Mondays

Welcome to a new week!  The countdown has started, my son has 12 more days of school and we are excited about summer vacation!  I'm excited, and grateful to God, for the results of some tests I had done last week.  I've been experiencing pain in my joints, my fingers mostly and recently my right elbow.  The pain had become so bad I couldn't straighten the arm completely.  I had to have several tests done because of the possibility of rheumatoid arthritis.  My grandmother had it, and my mother's younger sister does as well, and while I didn't think that was my situation I decided it was better to be safe than sorry.  Well, my tests came back negative for RA, praise the Lord!  The doctor says it's osteo-arthritis, which isn't great but it's better than the RA.  At least I can breath a sigh of relief in that regard.

As for today, I focused on getting my bedroom dusted and vacuumed.  I also vacuumed the rest of the house because Molly is shedding again.  Ugh!!  I feel like no matter how much I vacuum and dust and clean up, the house is still filled with dog hair.  Hopefully this is seasonal and won't last much longer.  I didn't do much else because I pulled a muscle in my back and my sciatica is acting up as well (it might be the weather - we've gotten rain everyday for the past couple of weeks).  I figured a day of taking it easy was in order.

My daughter continues looking for work.  Hopefully she'll get some good news soon!  Have a blessed week everyone!

1 comment:

Barb said...

Hi Arlene!

I always loved it when school was out!! I know that you will have some fun things planed for summer!

Good news about your pain! rheumatoid arthritis is now fun! At least you will be able to manage the pain without heavy duty drugs.

My dog is shedding too! It seems like all I do is vacuum these days!! Don't work too hard!

Hugs,
Barb