Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today, May 8, 2012...

Outside my window...nighttime is approaching, the thunderstorms have subsided, and even the winds have calmed.

I am thinking...wouldn't it be nice if we had a thunderstorm during the night?  I love sleeping through thunderstorms :)

I am thankful...for the rain which makes the plants grow and turns everything green.

I am going...to take a shower soon.

I am wearing...a mint green top, teal and brown skirt, and brown flip-flops.  It was in the upper 80s today, and humid.

I am noticing...the summer storms have begun, and it's the beginning of May.  We didn't get a lot of rain the last couple of months, so this month should be a soggy one.

In the kitchen...cheese ravioli with marinara sauce, chicken cutlets, salad and Italian bread.

I am reading...okay, the list is still the same, but then I haven't been reading much other than our Bible reading in Genesis because of my daughter's graduation.  It was a busy week.

I am hoping...my daughter does well with her musical special which she'll be doing at our church at the end of this month.

I am wondering...will our youth pastor be bringing his baby boy over for me to babysit?  I love babysitting that little cutie.

I am looking forward to...getting the pictures I took from A's graduation and putting them in her scrapbook.

Around the house...I haven't gotten much done because yesterday it was all about laundry and today I went grocery shopping.  Hopefully tomorrow I can get the floors cleaned.  Molly is shedding and there's dog hair everywhere.  That drives me nuts!

I am pondering these words..."The national anthem of hell is, "I Did It My Way." - Peter Kreeft.

One of my favorite things...is sleeping through a thunderstorm.  I guess it's that feeling of being secure in my home while the storm rages outside.

A few plans for the rest of the week...Awana tomorrow, maybe some babysitting, church on Sunday.

Wanna join in the fun?  Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  God bless.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Beautiful post...I love thunderstorms ☺!

allisamazing said...

I love sleeping through snowstorms :) Have a great week!