Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, May 15, 2012...

Outside my window...the hot, humid day is winding down, and hot, humid twilight is taking over.  It would be nice if we got some rain and the humidity went away.

I am thinking...of the tests the doctor performed today and when I'll get the results.

I am thankful for...modern day medicine.  There's not a cure for everything, but we sure have come far.

I am going...to take a shower after I finish this post.

I am wearing...a colorful top with brown and fuschia as the main colors, a jean skirt and black flip flops.  It was in the 80s today, very hot.

I am noticing...painful joints, which is why I went to see the doctor.

In the kitchen...we had breakfast for dinner.  Pancakes, sausages, and hash browns.  I like doing that once in a while.  It's a nice change of pace.

I am reading...through the Bible with my son; we're on chapter 19 of Genesis.  I'm almost finished with the Duggar book again.

I am hoping...to find more fun things to do over the summer on a budget.

I am wondering...where the Lord is leading my daughter.  She has a few opportunities she's looking into, but she wants what God wants.  She's a smart girl :)

I am looking forward to...summer vacation, and some plans we have for bowling, movies, and serving in our community.

Around the house...I got lots done yesterday, but with the doctor's appointment this morning and an anti-inflammatory shot that was given in my seating section :P, I didn't get much done today.

I am pondering these words..."Thankfully, our Father in heaven is near to hear our prayers yet so far above us in power that He can meet every need." - Julie Ackerman Link.

One of my favorite things...is fun activities with my kids.  Nothing beats an afternoon of bowling and laughing with 3 great kiddos.

A few plans for the rest of the week...tomorrow is the last day of Awana, and next week is the awards ceremony.  I'm gonna miss those kids!  My daughter has another job interview; we're praying for the Lord's blessing.  There's a sleepover at church this Friday for the T & T girls; I'm not sure if I'll make it, but I want to try.  And church on Sunday, of course.

Wanna join in the fun?  Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  God bless.

1 comment:

Jerralea said...

I love to have breakfast for dinner! I do it every couple weeks.

Hope your anti-inflammatory shot helps you out!