Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, May 24, 2012...

Outside my window...the sun is actually shining!  I'd almost forgotten what it looked like!  We've gotten steady rain for the past two weeks, and even this morning it poured for hours, but now the sun is brightly shining and we're hoping it'll be the same this Memorial day weekend.

I am thinking...about my daughter, and her job search.  It continues.

I am thankful...for an awesome night at Awana - it was awards night last night, and my son E came home with the Alpha award and Clubber of the Year!  I'm thankful for all the kids, and the leaders, and the parents.  What a great group we have!

I am going...to read in a little while.

I am wearing...a brown and pink paisley top, blue jeans, and flip-flops.

I am noticing...the very green, very tall grass that I haven't been able to cut because it rains everyday.

In the kitchen...I had some whole wheat pita smothered in Greek olive hummus.  Oh my was that delicious!  I could eat pita with hummus every single day and not get tired of it!

I am reading...In Search of Christian Freedom, by Raymond Franz.  He was one of the Governing Body members (leaders) of Jehovah's Witnesses until he was kicked out in 1980 because he didn't agree with many of the organization's teachings.  Anyone who is familiar with Jehovah's Witnesses would do well to read this book about their teachings and inner workings.

I am hoping...this next test sheds some light on some of my health issues.

I am wondering...how tall is my youngest son going to be?  He's getting close to my height now, and he's only 12 years old.

I am looking forward to...school ending so I don't have to get up at 6:20 in the morning.

Around the house...everything is in pretty good shape, since we've been indoors all day everyday.

I am pondering these words..."Trees have their seasons at certain times of the year when they bring forth fruit; but a Christian is for all seasons." - Ralph Brownrig

One of my favorite things...seeing the faces on the kids when they get their well deserved awards in Awana.

A few plans for the rest of the week...it's Memorial Day weekend, but my barbecue grill hasn't worked in years :P.  Not that anyone has been barbecuing much with all this rain, but if the weather clears up there will definitely be delicious smells in our neighborhood!

Wanna join in the fun?  Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  God bless.

1 comment:

allisamazing said...

Hope your daughter is able to find a job. My daughter has been job hunting since she got home from school a month ago and finally found a part time job this week. She's still hoping to also find a full time job. Awana is such a wonderful program and I, too, love awards night and all the excitment that goes with it!