Thursday, May 10, 2012

Thursday Thoughts

We've been back home from my daughter's graduation since Sunday evening.  Here's a recap of what's been going on.

* My daughter decided to drive down with us, which was nice, but it meant my oldest son had to stay by himself in Central Florida.  I probably feel worse about it than he does.  He gets peace and quiet.  I miss him like crazy.

* My daughter's new bedroom set is still at the apartment in Central Florida.  We won't bring it down till their lease is up in July so we don't have to make 2 moving trips.  That means she's still sleeping in her childhood bedroom set, but she can't put anything away because her dad sold it and should be taking it anytime soon.  At least that's what he told me 2 months ago :P

* Getting everything unpacked and put away has been quite a chore.  I've been wanting to put up the pictures of her graduation but I haven't had a lot of computer time.  There was massive laundry to be done, and Molly is shedding again which means I have to vacuum a couple of times a day.  Add to that errands and everyday cleaning and taking E to school and helping with homework...yeah, it's been non-stop.

* I was able to cut the grass this morning, thankfully.  We've been getting our summer thunderstorms since last week.  It rains every afternoon, complete with plenty of lightning and thunder, which has nourished the grass till it looked like a jungle out there.  Today, I tamed the jungle.

* Today was also my son E's Blast Day at school.  It's like a field day/carnival.  They had games with prizes, bumper cars, Dunk the Teacher, Throw the Teacher in Jail, popcorn, ice cream, and all day general fun.  He had a blast (hence the name).

* Last night and this morning E prayed that we wouldn't get any rain during Blast Day.  The rain started about 10 minutes after we got home from school.  As we were coming, he said to me, "God answered my prayer and didn't make it rain during Blast Day!"  I just love when my son gets excited about the little things God does for him.

* Did I mention I'm hearing thunder in the distance right now?

* This Sunday is Mother's Day.  I'm a bit bummed, though.  My oldest son will be in Central Florida.  It's the first time my first born isn't with me on Mother's Day.  It won't be the same.

* My youngest son and I are reading through the book of Genesis.  We read about a chapter every morning.    Even though we know these stories, it's great what we're learning by reading them again.  I love spending time in the Word with my handsome little boy.

That's it for now.  Well, not really, but I don't like to be on the computer when there's a thunderstorm brewing.  Have a blessed rest of your week.

No comments: