Friday, June 1, 2012

Five Question Friday


It's the first day of June, and you know what that means?!  That's right, it's the start of hurricane season. :P  Here's to hoping for a very quiet and uneventful one.  It also means there's only 4 more days of school, though that's not really accurate, since the last 3 days of school aren't "school" days, they're field days, so no classes, and Monday most of the teachers will have a goodbye party, so if anything today is really the last day of school.  It's also Five Question Friday day, and if you want to be a part of it, visit Mama M at My Little Life.


1. What were you scared of as a kid?
The same thing I'm scared of as an adult - mice.  Eww, even looking at the word gives me the creeps.

2. Do you sleep well in a hotel?
I sleep well anywhere.  I can fall asleep standing up - I did once, on a one day cruise that was relaxing but also exhausting.  By the time we got back and were waiting for the ship to dock, I leaned up against a wall and dozed off.  It's a gift.

3. If you could meet any celebrity, dead or alive, who and why?
It's so funny, I'm not the least bit starstruck.  I mean I'd like to meet Michelle Duggar because she's such a great lady, but I'm in no rush, I'll see her in heaven.

4. It's a hot summer day. Do you prefer to be pool side or at the beach?
I prefer any place with air conditioning ;).  If I had to choose between the two, I'd say the beach.  There's something about pools resembling large public toilets that doesn't appeal to me :P

5. What is your favorite summer dish?
Anything on the barbecue grill is perfect in my estimation, except I don't have a grill. :P  I love sausages, especially kielbasa, on the grill, along with grilled veggies and oh! grilled pineapple!  Oh my word that is so delicious!  Put pineapple along with chicken, shrimp, peppers and zucchini on a skewer and put that on the barbecue - to die for!

1 comment:

Onlythemanager said...

Aaah, I used to be able to sleep anywhere as well. I used to say I could be hung on a hook in the corner and sleep just fine. Menopause seemed to mess with that particular gift, though. It's a shame, really, but nothing a little Benadryl won't fix.