Friday, June 22, 2012

Five Question Friday


It's a happy Friday, for two big reasons.  First, VBS finished today with a bang.  We had over 20 kids accept Christ as their Savior!  Everything ran well despite several attempts at sabotage by the devil, including our children's ministry pastor getting into a car accident this morning.  Praise the Lord, he is fine, and we got through this week and God gave us success.  Thank You Jesus!

Second, all of South Florida is celebrating the Miami Heat championship win!  Even folks who don't care much about basketball are cheering our hometown champs!

There's one more reason to be happy - it's time for Five Question Friday!  To join in, visit Mama M at My Little Life.


1. What do you keep a stock pile of?
Three important items:  toilet paper, paper towels, and coffee.  Three things I can't be without.

2. If Ben & Jerry asked you to invent an ice cream, what would it be?
Haagen-Daz.  Sorry Ben and Jerry, but I've had your ice cream, and I am not impressed.  No matter what you add to it, it never tastes as good as Haagen-Daz.

3. How do you blow off steam?
I take a walk.  Inside the house, around the block, through the park, wherever it may be, I just need to take a walk.

4. What would you do if you had an hour to yourself anywhere within a ten mile radius of your home...no kids, no hubby, just you?
I'd go to my hairdresser and have her give me a wash with massage and a haircut/style.  There's nothing more relaxing to me than getting my hair done.

5. When you were 16, what was your curfew in the summertime?
Let's see, 16...I think it was 9:30pm.  That was a long time ago, people.  My memory isn't what it used to be ;).

3 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Arlene!

I love your Five Question Friday!

That darn devil will do just about anything to sabotage a good thing! I'm so glad everything was okay - and so wonderful that 20 kids accepted Christ - what a blessing!!

Toilet paper is a must in my house too . . . :0)

I'm not an ice cream fan - can you believe it?!

I blow off steam by cleaning - I should get mad more often . . .;0)

I love to have my hair done too - and I can't remember my curfew at 16 - although I remember being 16 very well . . . like it was yesterday . . . I think that means I'm getting old!!

Hugs,
Barb

Martha said...

Thanks for stopping by! I agree about the coffee and TP!

I don't know that I really had a curfew at 16, I was the driver most of the time, so I guess it was whatever the curfew on the license was midnight?

Have a great week!

Mrs. O said...

You seem to forget we didn't have a curfew, per se. We weren't allowed to go anywhere, remember? :P