Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today, June 21, 2012...

Outside my window...it doesn't look like the first day of summer.  It doesn't look like I live in the Sunshine State.  It's cloudy and gloomy and I'm pretty certain we'll be getting more rain shortly.

I am thinking...of the week we've had, of how the enemy has tried to sabotage what God has planned, and how he's been defeated each time.  Praise the Lord!

I am thankful...for the opportunity to serve in our church's VBS (that's Vacation Bible School for those unfamiliar with the term).

I am going...to rest after this busy day.

I am wearing...a tank top, jeans, and flip-flops.  I was wearing my yellow "I *heart* VBS" shirt this morning, but I hung it up for tomorrow.

I am noticing...how much hotter it is up north than it is here.  I'm glad I'm in Florida!

In the kitchen...the menu today called for fried chicken, Stove Top stuffing and mixed veggies, with a slice of marble pound cake for dessert.  Yum!

I am reading...believe it or not, the same stuff I've been reading, whenever I get the chance.  I've been running non-stop for several days and haven't gotten a lot of reading done.  At least not as much as I'd like.

I am wondering...about my son's pending move back home.  How am I going to fit so much stuff into this house?

I am hoping...the rain calms down tomorrow.  Game time for our VBS kids is outdoors, but we've had to bring them in twice this week because of the weather.  Instead of games we had worship in the chapel, which was very special, but I know the kids love being outside.

I am looking forward to...the last day of VBS tomorrow, and our trip to Central Florida next week to move my son back home.

Around the house...I've been clearing out the garage and moving things around to make room for my son R's things and to fit his bedroom furniture in his old room.

I am pondering these words..."I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth." - 3 John 4.

One of my favorite things...VBS week at our church!

A few plans for the rest of the week...tomorrow is the last day of VBS, and afterwards we will have a fellowship lunch with all the volunteers.  I'd really like to see the movie Brave this weekend - Disney's Pixar films are my favorites!  And of course church on Sunday.

Wanna join in the fun?  Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  God bless.

1 comment:

allisamazing said...

VBS weeks are always busy but fun. Enjoy your week!