Monday, August 6, 2012

Monday Quiz About Me


Here's a fun way to start the week:  a blog hop, hosted by Heather at Acting Balanced.  Here's how it works.  There's four questions to answer, then you have the option of adding a 5th question for your visitors to answer.  Think you can manage it?  Then hop on over!


1. Where do you go to get your news?
I get the news from the internet.  I rarely turn on network television anymore, even for that.

2. What Olympic level skill do you have (e.g. One could be a world-class paper clip bender)?
Quick cleaning.  I can get the entire house tidy enough for company (even mother-in-law clean) in less than an hour.

3. If I say the word, 'intellectual,' what do you think?
Someone whose conversations involve more than just the weather.

4. Who in your family do you look the most like?
I've been told I look like my mother and my late grandmother (mom's mom).

And my 5th question for the week is:

5.  When does school start in your area?
School starts in 2 weeks here in South Florida.  August 20 is the big day.

6 comments:

Mrs. O said...

Here in NYC, public schools start September 6th, Catholic schools start one day earlier. Then public schools are off September 17 & 18 for a Jewish holiday.

Barb said...

Hi Arlene!

Your hired!!! I would love to be that person who could clean my house in a jiffy!!

I look like my mom too ... and my grandmother on my father's side ... how does that work?!

School in my area starts this week. We start earlier, because the kids get two weeks of for potato harvest where I live here in Idaho!

Hugs,
Barb

Anonymous said...

Here in southern AZ, we started last week on the 2nd.

Nani said...

Wow, I don't have kids so I don't keep up with when school stars!

Jennifer said...

August 22, that's when the traffic starts in my neck of the woods!

blueyes said...

SC here,

kids and myself (in college) start the 20th of August.