Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge


Joyce from This Side of the Pond has this fun blog hop on Wednesdays, just some fun questions to get the mind awake and alert.  Join me for some Hodgepodge!

1. I'm joining my daughter1 in the 101 in 1001 challenge. Essentially you create a list of 101 things you want to accomplish or do in the next 1001 days. What's one thing you'd put on your list?
Painting the outside of my house.  It needs to get painted.

2. How many remote controls do you have in your house? What's one item in your home you wish could be run by remote control?
Let's see, there's 4 in the family room, 4 more in my bedroom, about 100 in the living room...there are lots and lots of remote control.  If I had a choice, I'd have a remote control similar to one the Jetson's had, where you push a button and dinner is cooked and served.  That would be a dream come true.

3. What does having it all mean to you? Is it attainable?
For me, having a relationship with my Savior is having it all.  As the hymn goes, "Jesus paid it all, All to Him I owe."  Is it attainable?  Absolutely!  And it's free!!!!

4. What's your favorite movie soundtrack?
I've always enjoyed Grease, songs of the 50s.

5. Describe the best view you've seen from a rooftop?
In Puerto Rico, my aunt lived in a house in the mountains, and in the mornings I'd go up to the rooftop to see the clouds rolling off the mountains behind the house.  The view was spectacular.  The memory still takes my breath away.

6. What's your least favorite thing about summer?
The humidity.  I don't mind warm weather, I just don't like stepping out the door and having my clothes automatically stick to my body. :P

7. Our weekly Hodgepodge lands on the first day of August. In ten words or less sum up your July.
Bowling, zoo, movies, lots of rain, plenty of sunshine.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
I have to go grocery shopping again today.  My cupboards are almost bare.  I'd forgotten what it was like having a 12 year old boy in the house.  My son has grown about an inch this summer, and he hasn't even hit his growth spurt yet!  It makes me a little sad that my baby is growing up so fast.  I know it's part of life, but oh, how I wish I could slow life down just to enjoy my babies for a little longer!

4 comments:

Visits With Mary said...

I've been reading your blog and feel I know you! I live on the upper Texas coast and hurricane season in here. I just pray God calms all the storms so no one has to endure the rage they bring. There's a disturbance out there now and I'll be watching the nightly news closely. Have a wonderful day, I enjoy visiting with you,

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Sounds like your July was fun and busy. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Food for Thought

Plant Seeds of Happiness said...

Loved #3 yes very attainable!! happy WW and God Bless ;]

Joyce said...

The view sounds lovely. So many beautiful things to see in this world. Happy Wednesday!