Wednesday, August 15, 2012
Good Wednesday morning, and happy half-way-thru-the-week! It's been kind of busy for us, getting ready for school which starts on Monday and trying to enjoy the few days of vacation left. Today calls for grass cutting early, since we're supposed to get rain this afternoon. Let's start the day with some hodgepodge, courtesy of Joyce over at From This Side Of The Pond.
1. I included this quote (attributed to William H. Danforth) in my blog post on Monday..."The best cure for a sluggish mind is to disturb its routine." When was the last time you 'disturbed your routine' and how'd you do it?
I feel like my routine gets disturbed quite regularly :P. I'm a schedule type person - I like to have everything planned out and clear. Life isn't like that. Just this Monday my routine was knocked out of whack when my son informed me his car had gotten towed and I had to take him to get it from the impound. It took longer than expected and my whole morning was shot. It happens; it gets dealt with, and life goes on.
2. What's your favorite fried food indulgence?
I haven't had this in, like, forever, but I would say fried ice cream from our local Mexican restaurant. I'm lactose intolerant, and I have gallstones, so eating ice cream and having it fried is not in my health's interest.
3. Did you have an allowance as a kid? What did you do with it? Do you give your own kids an allowance?
I neither had an allowance as a child nor did I give my own children an allowance. Money should be earned; that's how it works in the real world and it's best to learn that lesson early.
4. What's something you wish you knew more about?
I'm a learner by nature so knowing more about anything interests me. Right at this time I'd like to understand newfangled electronics more (like smart phones and such). I often feel like a dinosaur when my kids talk about what their phones can do, and me with an "old-fashioned" Blackberry.
5. Is there anything you feel too old to do anymore? If so, what?
Oh yeah. Riding on carnival rides. My body doesn't respond well to all the twists and turns like it used to.
6. What's a song you think has a great first line?
Don't Stop Believing, by Journey, has a first line that catches your attention and makes you want to hear the rest of the song.
Just a small town girl, livin' in a lonely world
She took the midnight train goin' anywhere.
7. Who are you writing to/for when you create a blog post. In other words...as you write, who is the audience in your head?
Anyone that wants to read it, I guess. My hope is that my blog posts encourage people to follow Jesus, to get to know Him, to realize Christians are not different or better than anyone, we are folks like everyone else, sinners who have good moments and bad moments, but we place our faith in a Savior who will never leave us nor forsake us.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm amazed at how I multi-task. I don't think about it much until I'm trying to get things done (like this blog post, for instance) while my daughter talks to me about her day yesterday and I plan in my head what needs to get done for the day...God must give moms a greater attention span than "regular people" so we can wear all these different hats at once.