Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge

It's Wednesday (already!) and time for my Wednesday Hodgepodge post, courtesy of Joyce over at From This Side Of The Pond.  I hope you'll join in for some mid-week fun.

1. Aloha! On August 21, 1959 Hawaii officially became a US State...have you ever been? Upon arrival would you prefer an orchid or a hibiscus to tuck behind your ear?
Happy Anniversary Hawaii!  I haven't had the pleasure of visiting the beautiful state of Hawaii, though I'd love to.  I don't know if I'd prefer an orchid or a hibiscus - both are lovely flowers.  Surprise me!

2. Since we're talking tropical...what's your favorite food or beverage made with pineapple?
Anything with pineapple delights me, they are my favorite fruit!  I love pineapples grilled - talk about absolutely delicious!

3. Do you believe in soul mates? Explain.
I believe people can become soul mates.  I believe people can like each other, enjoy each other's company, and in time develop a relationship so close that they can finish each other's sentences and such.

4. Share a memory about the house you grew up in.
I grew up in the Bronx, in New York City, during the 60s and 70s when the city was at its worst.  Buildings were being burned, gangs were abundant, drugs flowed, and we lived in an apartment building that had fungus growing in the walls and rats the size of cats.  We finally "upgraded" to the projects when I was 15 years old.  Sadly, any memories I have of the homes I grew up in are unpleasant.

 5. Are you comfortable with silence?
Yes, for awhile.  Then I start to miss the chatter of my kids.

6. You spot a giant spider on your bedroom wall...what's your next move? (all spiders are giant, right?)
We don't get "giant" spiders.  Typically we get tiny little fuzzy ones or Daddy-longlegs.  When I see them on the walls or floor, they get a close encounter with the bottom of my shoe.  I have no issues with killing them if they are on my turf.

 7. My idea of fun does NOT include_____________.
Riding on roller coasters.  I've never liked them, and as I get older they seem less and less enjoyable.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
After all the work I did yesterday moving furniture and redecorating (see post about that here) I was so exhausted I couldn't keep my eyes open.  I sat down in the living room on one of the recliners to listen to my daughter tell me about her day in training.  Next thing I hear is my daughter saying, "Mom, Mom, wake up!"  I had dozed off as she was talking.  I was that tired.  Boy, did I have a good night's sleep after that!

4 comments:

Joyce said...

I don't do roller coasters either : ) I like the quiet but not too much quiet.

Enjoy your day!

Empty Nester said...

I don't like roller coasters either and I never have! I've been talked into riding them twice and I was stupid. Grilled pineapple? YES please!

Tami said...

ROLLER COASTERS! I had the same answer! I swear it's a nightmare of mine.

Veronica and Daniel said...

Ooo, grilled pineapple. YUMMM! We like to add it to our kabobs when we grill :)