Saturday, September 29, 2012

Five Question Friday



I realize I'm a day late with my Friday posts.  I wasn't in the mood to blog after posting about my uncle's passing.  I feel a bit better today, accepting I guess.  He's remembering all the things that he'd forgotten, and for that I'm thankful.

Okay, so here we go, a day late but still enthusiastic.

1. Do you prefer to drive to your vacation spot or fly?
As far as personal preferences go, I like to fly.  I don't have to worry about watching cars (or planes) around me, and I get to my destination faster than by car.  However, with the price of airline tickets being what they are, a family traveling together is better off going by car.  Even with soaring gas prices, it's cheaper to drive one's own car than pay to fly and then rent a car.

2. If you could live any where in the world, where would you go and why?
Here.  In Florida.  Where I love living.  Anywhere in the beautiful state of Florida is just fine with me.  It's got the weather I like, the sunshine I like, the trees and grass and flowers I like, the vacation spots I like, the style of living I like.  It's everything I like.

3. Should grown women wear leggings?
Oh great, a touchy subject.  Have you watched the show What Not To Wear?  I used to watch it daily, and while I may not agree with every fashion trend that's out there, I did agree with many of their basic rules.  One of those rules was, dress your age.  To dress like you're younger than you are makes you look just as old as if you dressed like an elderly person.  It emphasizes how old you really are when you try too hard to look too young.  Leggings may look cute on young girls, but I've yet to see a grown woman look attractive in them.

4. If you could change your name to any other name, would you? And what would it be?
I didn't used to like my name because it's uncommon, which meant it was easily forgotten or confused with similar names like Eileen or Irene.  Now, I like the fact that there aren't a lot of Arlene's out there.  What used to bother me before is what I like most about my name now.

5. What magazines to you have subscriptions to?
The only magazine I get and read is the Costco Connection, because it comes with my Costco membership. I'm not a big magazine reader.  I prefer a book.

Now it's your turn.  Visit Mama M at My Little Life and answer your Friday questions.

No comments: