Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today, September 19, 2012...

Outside my window...the sun is blaring and the humidity is high.  We're supposed to get more thunderstorms tonight.

I am thinking...how much I like it when it rains at bedtime, but how much I don't like it raining when I have to drive.

I am thankful...that my kids are all living at home.

I am going...to Awana tonight.

I am wearing...a black and white top, white capris and black flip-flops.  It's 88 degrees out, but with 60% humidity and a heat index of 73, it feels more like 95 degrees.

I am noticing...how attached Molly is to me.  She follows me around like she's my shadow.

In the kitchen...I made Italian lentil soup, a delicious and hearty soup.  There's also leftover meatballs in marinara sauce from yesterday.

I am creating...nothing, but my youngest son has started creating his Christmas list. :)

I am reading...Hurricanes in Paradise on my Nook (just started it), along with a couple of devotions, and my son and I have started on Exodus.

I am hoping...the weather starts to take a turn soon.  September is our rainy month.  Once the rains are over the weather does cool down some.

I am looking forward to...Family Fun Night at our church this Saturday.

I am hearing...my son playing a video game.  He's "relaxing after a hard day at school." ;)

Around the house...I vacuumed and mopped the common areas, did 2 loads of laundry, dusted, put a clean table cloth on the dining room table, and vacuumed the fabric on the furniture.  I was a busy lady today!

A favorite quote for the day..."Our Father stands with open arms and asks us to trust in His faithfulness...Truly, He is steady, and He firmly grasps us as we reach out to Him." - Cynthia Heald.

One of my favorite things...anything pumpkin spice.  Cake, pie, waffles, anything!  Pepperidge Farms now has pumpkin spice swirl bread, and Hershey's has pumpkin spice Kisses for fall.  I'm a very happy lady!

A few plans for the rest of the week...tonight is Awana, then Saturday is our church's Family Fun Night, which my son E suggested so he's really happy and excited about it.  There'll be a movie, though we don't know what movie yet.

Wanna join in the fun?  Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  God bless.

No comments: