Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Chats on the Farmhouse Porch



Patrice has had a rough week with sick animals and sick people.  I've had only one sick little boy and I'm exhausted!  Let's hope all the animals and people get better real quick.  In the meantime, how about some chats on the front porch?  Join Patrice, Wendell, and all the gang at Everyday Ruralty.

1. Do you like to have a variety of handbags, or are you happy with one old favorite?
I have several handbags but I tend to use the same two, a light brown and a dark brown that have lots of space.  My other bags are either too small to accommodate everything I need, or they're too beat up to take anywhere.

2. Do prefer to have your hair long or short?
I like to wear my hair long, but not as long as I used to wear it.  My hair used to go down my back.  Now I keep it just beyond my shoulders.  Hair, like every other part of our anatomy, loses its luster with age.  My hair has lost its dark luster and replaced it with grays :P, so I color it.  The longer my hair is, the more I have to color.  I'd prefer to avoid all that extra work.

3. Are you doing any crafts for fall?
No, and that's a shame.  I would love to do some kind of craft, but I'm not the crafty type.  I like crafts, but they never look the way I'd like them to.

4. What's your favorite sweetener to use?
Why, sugar of course!

5. Tell me something interesting.
How about this:  If Barbie were life size, her measurements would be 39-23-33. She would stand seven feet, two inches tall and have a neck twice the length of a normal human's neck.  Doesn't make you want to look like Barbie much, does it?

4 comments:

collettakay said...

My handbags tend to be more like a tote so I can fit everything in. It seems like everyone in the family hands me things to put in it whilte we're out. It is handy to be able to stuff a couple jackets for the kids in too :)

Thanks for stopping by! How neat that you have twin siblings.

Colletta

Anonymous said...

i try to be crafty, but i get frustrated easily and they never turn out like i want them!

Clairity said...

I'm right there with you about Barbie. Glad to say my kids never played with Barbie. And lately I heard they even have the evil version of Barbie, how about that? LOL.

Patrice said...

I will never look at Barbie the same as I did when I was a child, now that I'm armed with that info! :) I totally understand the thing you wrote about grey and having to color lots of hair. Big job! I'm there. I've settled for shoulder length to make the coloring manageable. Have a great rest of the week and weekend!