Wednesday, October 24, 2012
Chats on the Farmhouse Porch
I'm joining Patrice and Wendell on their front porch for some yummy tea and chats. You can find them at Everyday Ruralty.
1. I just posted about some spice canisters yesterday. Do you have any funny stories about spices?
None that come to mind. I like using them, though.
2. Have you ever carved a pumpkin?
Nope, never have.
3. What's your favorite fall meal?
Soups and stews are favorites for the fall, even though fall in South Florida isn't all that cold. Still, I like those stick-to-your-ribs kind of foods.
4. Do you have a hunter in the family?
I sure don't. We used to - our terrier Tobey would hunt anything that came into our backyard, especially lizards. Molly will chase squirrels but she's not a hunter.
5. Pretend that I just won a big cash prize. Ooo! I like this already:) One of the stipulations of the prize is taking a friend out for a shopping spree and spending $1000 on them. Let's say I'm coming to your house because I chose YOU. Where would we go and what would we buy? No party poopers allowed! Have fun with this. I only wish it was real.
Well first off, thanks for choosing me! Let's see, where would I spend $1,000? I think I'd like to go to Kohl's because they have such nice clothes, and pretty things for decorating the house. It's really affordable too, so we'd get our money's worth ;). I would make sure to have enough money left over so we can go to Red Robins for their yummy burgers, and so we could have some nice conversation. Or maybe Cracker Barrel, for their exceptional biscuits and sweet tea. You know what, Patrice? Why don't we just go out to eat and blow the whole $1,000 on food for all the porch gatherers? That would be way more fun!