Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today, December 4, 2012...

Outside my window...the rain continues.  After a very dry October and November, December has begun with showers.  They are much needed, as the grass was starting to turn brown.

I am thinking...of my birthday, which is only 10 days away.  One last year in my 40's.  Still can't believe I'm no longer in my 30's.

I am thankful...for the life God has given me.  It isn't perfect, but it's filled with hope.

I am going...to get my hair done today!  I'm so looking forward to it.  My ends are so dry it makes the rest of my hair look unhealthy.

I am wearing...a black and white dress that has a sort of leafy print on it, and flats.  It's 73 degrees out with a light drizzle.  It's supposed to clear up in a bit.

I am noticing...that the plumbing issues in my home aren't going away.  Both toilets leak.  I changed the mechanism in the small bathroom but the leaking continued.  I changed the flapper on the second one but no improvement.  What I am noticing, is that when I shut the water off on the small bathroom the leaking stops in the master bath.  Obviously something is going on that only a plumber can fix.  Great.  :P

In the kitchen...we'll be having baked ham slices with rice medley, plantains and a salad.

I am creating...a simpler Christmas look in my home.  Less is more for us this year.

I am reading...my devotions, and still on Unglued.

I am hoping...my haircut turns out better than my expectations.

I am looking forward to...my son's science fair at his school tonight.  I am so thankful to be his mom!

I am hearing...a lawn mower outside, which is weird because even though the rain seems to have let up, the ground is wet.  Not the best time to cut the grass.

Around the house...I've gotten sort of caught up, though the bathrooms need to be cleaned.  My daily chore is vacuuming so the floor doesn't accumulate excess dog hair.

A favorite quote of the day... "Lord, when we are wrong, make us willing to change. And when we are right, make us easy to live with." - Peter Marshall.

One of my favorite things...a Christmas tree all decorated and lit up.

A few plans for the rest of the week...my haircut today, Awana tomorrow, and that's all that's planned at the moment.

Wanna join in the fun?  Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  God bless.

1 comment:

Paula said...

I love your Quote. Hope you are having a wonderful December