Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today, January 30, 2013...

Outside my window...the weather has warmed up again but should cool down once more by tomorrow evening.

I am thinking...of some wonderful missionary families and the challenges they often face.

I am thankful...for a comfortable home to share with my loved ones.

I am going...to take my daughter to the oral surgeon this morning so we can find out the results of her CT scan.

I am wearing...a blue and green floral summer dress and gold sandals.  It's already 78 degrees out and going up into the low 80's.

I am noticing...how much television bores me rather than entertains me.  I put it on for a few of nights to watch Investigation Discovery and fell asleep almost immediately.

In the kitchen...I honestly don't know what I'm going to make today.  I might just get pizza.

I am reading...the Widow of Larkspur Inn.  Still.  I do try to get some reading in whenever I can but as of now I'm only on chapter 8.

I am hoping...the CT scan shows the nerve by my daughter's wisdom tooth isn't in the way and won't be damaged by removing the tooth.

I am looking forward to...temps in the 50's this weekend.

I am hearing...my daughter play Lego Pirates of the Caribbean on the Wii.

Around the house...there's laundry to be done.  I've got one load in the washer and another set to go next.

A favorite quote of the day..."Hath any wounded thee with injuries? Meet them with patience. Hasty words rankle the wound; soft language dresses it." - Francis Quarles

One of my favorite things...being able to wear flip-flops in winter.

A few plans for the rest of the week...oral surgeon in a couple of hours; Awana tonight; church on Sunday.

Wanna join in the fun?  Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  God bless.

No comments: