Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Home Decorating Time

Sharing some items I bought at Kirklands a few weeks ago to change up the look in my living room a bit.  Since I now have the furniture we'd bought for the kids when they were living in Central Florida in the formal living room, some of the decor needed to be updated.  Kirkland's is my favorite place, because they have gorgeous items at incredible prices.  

Isn't this beautiful?  It's the first two verses of the 23rd Psalm.  I love the verses, and the colors used match perfectly with the look in the living room.  This is on the wall right by the front door on the right hand side.

Here is the view opposite the front door.  Now that my son's television is in the living room, I needed to do something different around it.  I took the pictures that were about the television out.  It looked too cluttered for my taste.  A sepia picture of a rose is on the left of the television. It cost under $20.  I originally had our olive green recliners in the living room but felt those fit better in the family room.  The sofa and loveseat that are now in the living room are taupe with dark red throw pillows.  The wall hangings compliment the look much better than the old picture frames did.


These wall hanging candleholders were also $20, and I love the copper color.  Even my daughter, who didn't care for them when I bought them, had to agree they add elegance to the room without making it feel formal. That's the look I'm going for.  The living room should look elegant, since it's the first room you see when you walk in the front door, but it should also be welcoming, not museum like.  I feel like that was achieved with these simple yet lovely pieces.

No comments: