Wednesday, March 13, 2013
It's time for some hodgepodge, folks! Thanks to Joyce, From This Side of the Pond for hosting.
1. Do you play games of luck/chance for money? Have you ever played bingo for money? Visited a casino? Placed a bet on a horse? Bought a lottery ticket?
None of the above. I like to play games to have fun. I'm not a very competitive person, and I don't like how ugly people get when they play a game where money is involved.
2. Will you be preparing and/or dining on the traditional Corned Beef and Cabbage meal this St. Patrick's Day? Mashed-baked-hash browned-french fried...your favorite way to have potatoes?
I don't care much for corned beef so no, I won't be preparing any. As for potatoes, I love 'em! All the ways listed, plus au gratin. Yum!
3. What's the last thing you felt 'green with envy' over?
I'm not typically an envious person. I try to be content with what God has blessed me with.
4. What's at the end of your rainbow?
5. March 12th marks the anniversary of the death of Anne Frank (June 12, 1929-March, 1945). Anne's diary detailing her time spent hiding from the Nazi's during the war ranks as one of the best selling books of all time. Besides your blog, do you keep any sort of diary or journal? Was this a habit you developed as a child or is journaling something new for you?
I remember keeping a diary many years ago but stopped. I guess I got so busy with other things I didn't find the time to write stuff down. I wish I had.
6. What's an item in your home or closet that contains every color of the rainbow?
I can't think of any. I love color, and my closet has a nice variety, but I don't recall having one item with all the colors of the rainbow on it.
7. Write a limerick with you as the subject. You can do it!! Just remember this is a family friendly blog...don't make me get out my wooden spoon.
You remember how girls in middle and high school would try their hand at poetry? I was NOT one of those girls. I hate all kinds of poetry. I'm terrible at it. Whenever I'm faced with having to help my kids with poetry homework, I get a headache. Please, please, please don't ask me to write a limerick!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
No income tax refund yet, but I couldn't resist getting a couple or maybe four things at Old Navy. My daughter needed to pick up her last check so I went with her. I found the absolutely cutest white jean jacket for $29.94 - these are usually $60+ at the department stores! I also got a pair of hot pink ballet flats that are perfect for this dress I got at Kohl's a while back. The dress is navy blue with a hot pink belt, and the shoes will complete the outfit. I can't wait to wear them, they are so comfy!