Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge


It's time for some Wednesday Hodgepodge, courtesy of Joyce, From This Side of the Pond.


1. March 20th is the first day of spring...is she a lion or a lamb in your part of the world?
Interestingly enough, here in South Florida we've enjoyed a mild winter.  Up until March rolled in.  That's when the temps started taking a nose dive, from upper 70's and low 80's to mid 40's and low 50's.  It's starting to climb back up now, with a few rain showers to pave the way to spring.

2. What's the most dreaded task on your spring clean to-do list?  Do you have a 'plan of attack'?
I want to give the hall bathroom some sprucing up with paint, and I'm dreading the amount of work that goes with that.  I like taking it one room at a time so it doesn't feel so overwhelming.

3. Peas...love 'em or hate 'em?  What's a favorite dish you make using peas?
I like peas.  I wouldn't say "love" but I certainly don't hate them.  I use peas in my Easy Chicken and Stuffing recipe.  

4.  Do you feel under appreciated?
Sometimes, by some people.  Usually, though, I feel very much loved by God, my family and my true friends, so it's good.

5. Have you been using Google Reader?  If so, what are you switching to now that GR has announced retirement?  If not, how do you read your favorite blogs?
I'd never even heard of Google Reader till now that it's going away.  I guess I can't miss it if I never knew it was around, so that makes the adjustment easier.

6. Anne Bradstreet is credited with the following quote~

"If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant;  if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome."

Agree or Disagree?  Why?
We don't have a typical winter in South Florida; it's always pretty warm here, so the analogy doesn't work for us.  However, I do agree that we appreciate the good times much more when we've faced adversity and seen the hand of God take us through it.

7.  When did you last 'spring for something'?  What was it?
I guess you could say I sprung for the barbecue grill that my sister generously gave me.  Having a grill makes me spring into action - grilling action!

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
I've been asked by my old church to do some volunteer work this month, to help them get ready for Easter.  It's an honor and a privilege to serve the body of Christ and our community.  I prepared invitations for the children to give out, helped make candy bags for Easter Sunday, and now I've been asked to teach at the Saturday night children's service.  This is what happens when I ask God to use me to help others - He offers up opportunities galore!

1 comment:

Joyce said...

I have a painter coming today to give me a quote on painting a bedroom. It's a huge room because its over the garage and is the last one left in the house to be painted. Hubs doesn't have the back or the time for it right now. Good luck with your painting project!