Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Chats on the Farmhouse Porch


This week is Patrice's birthday, so it's a celebration on the porch.  Happy Birthday Miss Patrice!  Join Patrice, Wendell, and all the gang at Everyday Ruralty.


1.Are you enjoying spring?
Yes, of course!  Spring in South Florida means warm temperatures with cool breezes, rainy afternoons, flowers blooming everywhere, with the humidity still low enough that we can enjoy the weather.  

2.Where would you take Patrice for her birthday, if you could spend a day together. Wendell hopes you would bring her back!
I would take Patrice to beautiful Hollywood Beach to enjoy the sand and surf.

3.What's your favorite spring flower?
I just planted some petunias in my backyard planter, and they are looking so pretty!  I'll say petunias.

4.What do you do when you are going through a really stressful time?
The best place to be during stressful times is on my knees.  Jesus is the only One who can get me through the trials of life.

5.What kind of birthday cake would you get for Patrice? And Wendell?
Wendell would have to have a carrot cake, of course!  For Patrice, hmm, since I'm in South Florida, how about pie instead of cake?  If you've never had key lime pie, I would get you one so you can know what a delicious and refreshing taste it has.  I think you would love it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My youngest daughter would much rather have pie for her birthday than cake. She usually asks for pumpkin or apple even though her birthday is the first week in August!

Becky G said...

We sometimes have birthday pie, too. Ours are usually cream cheese pies.

Patrice said...

I love key lime pie. Pies are a favorite of mine. I think "on your knees" is the best thing for stress. Prayer is good for anything. Have a great week!

Elizabeth Edwards said...

you are so smart to say PIE, i love pie - i would say pecan ... love them. don't have them often because they are too sweet. ( :

Leslie said...

I love the beach any day! I'll stick with chocolate cake, thanks.