Monday, April 15, 2013

Move It Mondays

Today I had a "brain-fart" day.  Ever had one of those?  Where you seem to forget everything?  Those days where you wish you could go back to bed and start all over again?  That's been my day.  Is this what old age is gonna be like?

I got up early this morning and made breakfast as usual, then started my son E's lunch.  He doesn't like any of the school lunches so he takes a pack lunch with him.  We sat down to have breakfast, then I ironed my son's pants, got dressed, fixed my bed, the normal things I do every morning.  My son was dragging his feet because today was the start of the FCAT's, the Florida Comprehensive Assessment Tests.  He knew he had to take his math exam today, and it was making him so nervous he couldn't get ready fast enough.  We were already 10 minutes late walking out the door when he asks if I have his lunchbox.  That's when I realize, I didn't pack it!  First time in I don't know how long that I totally forgot to pack his lunch.  That made us an extra 5 minutes late.  Thank God I had made the lunch and only needed to pack it, otherwise it would have been much worse.

We made it to his school just in time (thank You Jesus!) and I went on to do my grocery shopping.  My first stop was Winn-Dixie.  I like that their mobile app allows me to prepare a shopping list of their specials which I can then compare to my weekly shopping list.  I always prepare a shopping list to take with me so I know I'm not forgetting anything.  I looked at both lists, got what I needed, checked out and headed to Walmart.  Once inside Walmart, I reached into my purse to get my shopping list.  I couldn't find it.  I checked again.  Nothing.  I emptied out the entire purse, checked every little nook and cranny, and had to accept the truth: I'd lost my shopping list.  Ugh!

As I went through Walmart reviewing in my mind what I could remember from the list and what the menu for the week was, I also made notes on my phone of the things I remembered I needed to get from Costco.  I think I got everything; of course I won't know until I try to find something and realize I don't have it.  I left Walmart just as a rain shower was starting; thankfully I had my umbrella in my bag.  I loaded the car and headed to Costco where I also got gas at a bargain $3.509/gallon :P.  I went into Costco with my new list, got everything I needed, and made it to the checkout just in time for an old man to cut in front of me so he could get to the register first.  I made a mental note to teach my boys better manners, then as I was ready to start putting my purchases on the conveyor, I remembered we have no toilet paper in the house.  I had to go back and get TP or we'd be in trouble!  And wouldn't you know, the toilet paper is waaaaay in the back of the warehouse, on the absolute opposite end of where the registers are.  Oh well, at least I remembered before I'd left the store.

By this time the rain had stopped, and I was thankful that I was done with my errands and could go home.  I loaded the car and left.  As I got to the last traffic light before entering my neighborhood I remembered that I was supposed to get a referral from my doctor for an appointment I have tomorrow morning.  How could I forget that?!  I had it on my mind all weekend!  I didn't want to turn around, so I figured I'd go after lunch.  I got home and started unloading the groceries when I noticed I'd forgotten to start the dishwasher before I left the house.  Great.  We'd be eating on paper plates. :P

After lunch I hopped into the car and drove over to the doctor's office, only to find it closed.  Really?!  I'd gone out of my way for this?!  It was at that point I decided it might be best to ask for a redo of my day, or just accept that there are days like these and it's best to laugh it off.  So I shook it off, picked up my son from school, took him to the dentist for his cleaning, and came back home to relax.

Everyone has days that are more upside down than right side up.  And for some strange reason, those days tend to be on Mondays ;-).  It's okay.  Everyday is a blessing.  Enjoy today.


This is the day the Lord has made;
We will rejoice and be glad in it.
 - Psalm 118:24

No comments: