Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today, April 9, 2013...

Outside my window...the clouds are covering up the sunshine, and a breeze has picked up.  Wonder if that means more rain?

I am thinking...about the many needs of my friends, and how I need to write them down so I can pray for them.

I am thankful for...the fact that I live in Florida.  I love it here.

I am going...to program the television so I don't forget to watch the Duggar's tonight.  I hate when that happens!  I often don't even have the TV on which only complicates matters.

I am wearing...a black and white summer dress with a red camisole underneath, and black sandals.  It's 81 degrees out so the lighter the better.

I am noticing...the temps in New York where my family lives are almost the same as our temps here.  That doesn't happen often in April!

In the kitchen...I made smothered pork chops - I made Tyler Florence's recipe found here - with buttered noodles and a salad.  Those chops are so delicious!

I am reading...Land of My Heart.  I just started it last night.  Got one chapter read before I started dozing off.  Not that the book is boring; I always doze off when I read at night.  My son E and I are also reading a chapter of Proverbs and of Psalms every night.

I am hoping...to get the oil changed on my car this week, before the coupon I got from Pep Boys expires.

I am looking forward to...Christ's return.  Are you?

I am hearing...my daughter singing and playing her guitar.

Around the house...I haven't done much because I've had errands to run every morning and helping my son E with his homework every afternoon.  I hope to get some stuff done tomorrow or Thursday.

A favorite quote of the day..."My great concern is not whether God is on our side; my great concern is to be on God's side." - Abraham Lincoln

One of my favorite things...getting a good deal on anything.

A few plans for the rest of the week...Awana tomorrow night, and helping my son prepare for exams next week.  It's FCAT time again (ugh!).

Wanna join in the fun?  Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  God bless.

1 comment:

HeY J said...

Loved the quote from Abraham Lincoln I haven't seen that one before I want to be on God's side!! yum on the pork chops enjoy the weather and be safe. God Bless you sweet friend "."