Saturday, July 13, 2013

Observing My Senses

For Today, July 13, 2013...

I am seeing...my little potted mango tree, which is not so little anymore, and which will need to get planted into the ground soon.

I am feeling...elated at my son's FCAT scores!  Florida's Comprehensive Assessment Tests, or FCAT, is the yearly exam given to kids in grades 3-12.  It determines the school's grades, and whether the child is learning or needs to repeat a grade.  The highest possible score is a 6; a 2 or greater is needed to pass.  My son got a 3 in reading and a 4 in math - that math score is the highest he's ever gotten!  I was so surprised but pleased as well.  He had pre-algebra this year with some geometry thrown in for good measure :P, and he told me the exam was pretty hard.  To get a 4 (equivalent to a B) is wonderful!  His reading score is also up; while he got a 3 last year as well, the actual score went from 228 to 246.  I'm so thrilled with his improvement!

I am hearing...the ticking of the toaster oven.  I have some biscuits in there for my kids.  Well, the two youngest.  My oldest son left early this morning for work.

I am tasting...my morning cup of Joe along with my vitamins.  Breakfast is coming:  Fiber One chocolate cereal and a buttered, toasted English muffin.

I am smelling...those biscuits, and a couple of sausages fried up because my youngest son loves sausages.

It just takes a moment to observe your surroundings.  Won't you join me?

No comments: