Friday, September 6, 2013

Observing My Senses

For Today, September 6, 2013...

I am seeing...a dog who is very upset because the neighbor's kids are outside playing and she can't see them.  If there's any noise going on outside she wants to investigate it.  Problem is, she just barks and barks because there's a wall separating us from our neighbors, so she can't see what's going on and it drives her nuts.  So she's staying inside where she won't be a nuisance.

I am feeling...happy and a little jealous because my daughter is at Universal Studios with the church this weekend for Rock the Universe, two nights of concerts with some of today's most popular Christian bands.  I'm happy because she gets to enjoy this with her friends.  I'm jealous because Jesus Culture will be performing and I don't get to see it.  Waaaa!!

I am hearing...the kid's next door playing in their pool, and our dog growling.

I am tasting...nothing anymore.  I kept it simple today; ravioli in some tomato sauce I'd made a few days ago, and breaded popcorn shrimp.  That was a couple of hours ago.

I am smelling...my clean kitchen.  Dinner is done, everything is cleaned up, and the smell of my home reflects it.

It just takes a moment to observe your surroundings.  Won't you join me?

No comments: