Wednesday, October 29, 2008

What happened to my Florida weather?!?

I know many of my Northern friends will roll their eyes or threaten me with bodily harm, depending on where they're located and how cold it is in their area. Let me remind you all that I live in South Florida for the warm weather. Yesterday I got up, and it was 59 degrees and very windy the whole day. I don't think it got to the 70's (at least it didn't feel like it did). This morning it was 55 degrees at 6:00am, then the temps dropped 2 more degrees! Brrr!!! I had to bundle up my little boy, it was so cold. My daughter laughed at me yesterday and called me a wimp. That's because I was born and raised in New York, where this weather is considered "pleasant". This year it became official: I've lived half my life in Florida. Do I get to pick whether I'm a Noreaster or a Southern belle now? Because if I can, I want to switch over my citizenship to the South. I love it here, even on days like today when it's colder than I want it to be. And please don't tell me South Florida isn't really the South. It's as far south as you can get without running out of the country. I'm looking forward to staying here as long as I can, or until to the good Lord tells me otherwise. I'm also looking forward to the weather warming up to 74 sunny, non-humid degrees today. Oops, I better run and hide!

No comments: