Monday, November 24, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Nov. 24, 2008

To join in the fun, see Peggy at http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

For Today...

Outside my Window...it is absolutely lovely. It's in the 60's now, going to the 70's by noon, no humidity, with a cool breeze and the sun trying to peek out of a background of greyish skies. It might rain this morning though not much is expected.

I am thinking...about how quickly this year has gone by. It's Thanksgiving week and there's so much to do.

I am thankful for...where do I start?!?! My daughter coming home this week from college, Thanksgiving day with family, Christmas season starting. Improving health, stable finances, all because of a Savior who loves me and takes care of me. Need I say more?

From the kitchen...I'm going to make the chicken pot pie I was supposed to make Friday but we had pizza instead. My son R was disappointed. He loves chicken pot pie. Can't let him down.

I am wearing...a peach tank top, pink shorts and flip flops. In November. I love Florida!

I am reading...almost done with the New Testament. Starting Revelation tomorrow. Thankfully I've taken a couple of end times classes this year that'll serve me well as I read about what is to come.

I am hoping...my daughter and her best friend get here safely on Wednesday, and that everyone has a blessed Thanksgiving, filled with, well, thanksgiving.

I am creating...actually, E and I already created a little Thanksgiving table decoration, thanks to a link from Marybeth Whalen, http://www.marybethwhalen.blogspot.com/.

I am hearing...absolutely nothing. Hubby and oldest son working, and youngest son at school. Peace & quiet.

Around the house...wash bedsheets & towels, sweep and mop. Oh, and bathrooms.

One of my favorite things...is Christmas music. I've been listening to Christmas carols in the car for the past two weeks. All kinds: traditional, contemporary Christian, symphonies, you name it I love it.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...Thanksgiving, of course! Daughter home on Wednesday, cooking and baking, fixing up the house for Christmas. Our town has its Festival of Lights on Friday, hope to see Main Street lit up and hear more Christmas music.
Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...the little turkey centerpiece E and I made.


Have a blessed day!

6 comments:

Sweet Woodruff said...

Wow. Wear in Florida are you? I'm in Tampa and I'm freezing. :) I enjoyed your daybook. I hope you have a sweet and blessed week with your loved ones. God bless you.

Jen said...

OH 60 degree weather! It was 23 here this morning! I love Christmas music as well. We have started listening to it also. 2 of the radio stations are already playing it 24 hours a day. Have a great week.

momofmhasr said...

hope you have a great week.

Sandra said...

I loved your daybook, I can relate to a lot of things :)

We're in Arizona, so we're still wearing shorts and flip flops too LOL

Hubby is at work and kids are at school, so it's also very quiet here.

Hope you have a wonderful day and a Happy Thanksgiving!


My Daybook Entry

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Have a blessed Thanksgiving with your family! :D
Yum - chicken pot pie!! :D

I'm hoping dh will agree to put CHRISTmas lights up this weekend, too. We won't actually be here on CHRISTmas, so he was thinking of not decorating, but I don't think I cannot do that. LOL!

Have a great week!

Tammy said...

Okay, I got stuck on what you were wearing and could hardly go further. As someone who feels cold most of the time how I wish I could comfortably be dressed in a peach tank top, pink short, and flip flops right NOW! Instead I'm watching snow coming down outside my window and wiping my nose which is running since I had to take some things out to the chilly garage! Enjoy your Thanksgiving in Florida :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~