Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Bathroom Work Update

So, bathroom work has proceeded, just much slower than with the master bath. It's been my hubby and his brother helping, so I don't have as many pics as I did before. Still, there is some progress, so I thought I'd share.


Cement board has gone up in the tub area. This took a little longer only because my brother-in-law had other work to tend to. It wasn't difficult, just a bit time consuming because of the cuts.


Hubby started tiling today. I warned him when he started that he would close himself in. He couldn't finish the floor because he wouldn't have been able to get out of the bathroom without stepping on the tiles. Travertine tiles are natural stone, so they don't have the grooves on the bottom like porcelain and ceramic tiles have. They need at least 24 hours to dry completely before standing on them, or they shift. So tiling will (hopefully) continue tomorrow. Once the floors are done the walls in the tub area can start, though those will be quite interesting. A new experience, what fun! Stay tuned!

No comments: