Monday, March 2, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook - March 2, 2009

For Today, March 1, 2009
Outside my window...we're feeling the effects of the storm that's hitting the Northeast. Not to the same intensity, of course. It was 50 degrees this morning, very very windy, and won't get past 67 degrees today. Low 40's tomorrow morning.
I am thinking...about this week and all that needs to get done.
I am thankful...for the work God does in my life. Sometimes I'm just speechless that He would care about a sinner like me.
From the learning rooms...I hope to get a schedule going for E's testing for dyslexia. In the meantime we have to prepare for FCAT's next week. He has to take them, and if he fails he will have to repeat the 3rd grade. It's that important.
From the kitchen...we're having ground beef today. I haven't prepared the weekly menu yet. It's been really busy, but I'll work on it today.
I am wearing...my housedress. I'm going to shower and get dressed shortly. Long pants, blouse and sweater are necessary for today's cold front.
I am creating...the budget and plan for bathroom #2 remodel. It should start in a couple of weeks, God willing.
I am going...to meet with my son's teachers, the school's child psychologist, and the administrator at 10:30 this morning. Praying for the Holy Spirit to give me the right words to speak.
I am reading...2 Samuel for morning devotions, Matthew for S.O.A.P. devotions (I don't like to rush through those), and Really Bad Girls of the Bible for small groups. What a great book! I recommend it highly.
I am hearing...the hum of the computer, and my son moving around in bed. The computer is in the boys' room.
I am hoping...the teachers will hear me out and not try to insist my son doesn't need testing. I've had enough of that for the past year and it hasn't been beneficial.
Around the house...there's plenty of stuff to do but I need to focus on the priority which is the meeting in school.
One of my favorite things...is Italian food. Boy do I love pasta!
A few plans for the rest of the week: We'll see what comes up after today's meeting. There's Awana on Wednesday, small groups on Friday, and my daughter comes home for spring break on Saturday. That's something I'm really looking forward to.
Here's a prayer request I'm sharing: Please pray that the administration at my son's school will push for testing ASAP. The results from his testing will determine our next steps to help my son with his learning plan.
To join in the fun, visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. God bless and have a fantastic week.

No comments: