Monday, March 9, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook - March 9, 2009

For Today, March 9, 2009

Outside my window...I think the spring is officially here. The sun is shining bright, there's a cool breeze every morning as temps are in the upper 60's and reach the lower 80's by midday. Unfortunately we haven't received any desperately needed rain in a month. While I like the fact that the humidity is low, the grass and trees aren't as pleased.

I am thinking...about the study of Athaliah in Really Bad Girls of the Bible. Boy, was she BAD!! Yet when I look at myself I realize there are some not so nice things about me, too. :-( Hopefully this study will help me look at the things I don't like about myself and motivate me to do something about it.

I am thankful...that my family is all under one roof this week. My daughter is home for spring break, and I love when we're all together at home.

From the learning rooms...FCAT's start tomorrow and last 3 days. E has been doing lots of practice exercises. I know this is stressing him out, and he even asked last night that we pray for him to do well on his exams. Please pray for him also.

From the kitchen...easy chicken & stuffing in the crock pot. One of my daughter's requests.

I am wearing...a university t-shirt, brown & white shorts & flip flops.

I am creating...plans for the next bathroom remodel. We start tearing down next week.

I am going...to spend as much quality time with my little girl as I can while she's home this week.

I am reading...1 Kings for morning devotions, still on Matthew for S.O.A.P. devos, and I just finished studying chapter 4 of Really Bad Girls of the Bible. Moving on to chapter 5.

I am hearing...the click-click of the keyboard. Nothing else.

I am hoping...my son does well on his FCAT exams and doesn't feel overwhelmed. I want him to know we love him no matter what score he gets.

Around the house...there's plenty of laundry to do. I vegged a bit too much this weekend, and now I need to get moving.

One of my favorite things...is wearing skirts. I didn't used to like them as much, but I wear them quite a bit now. They make me feel pretty and feminine.

A few plans for the rest of the week: My daughter and I will go shopping later this week. She's playing with the youth group band this Wednesday as E goes to Awana and I go to bible study. Friday is small groups, Saturday is Bible Quiz for E, Sunday is my niece's 14th birthday (where has the time gone?!?). All in all a busy but productive and enjoyable week.

Here's a picture thought I'm sharing :

That's my little girl. Isn't she stunning?

To join in the fun, visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook. God bless you and have a great week.

1 comment:

Melis said...

Your daughter is beautiful! Enjoy your time with her this week!