Saturday, July 17, 2010

Observing My Senses

For Today, July 17, 2010...

I am seeing...a box of gourmet chocolate chunk cookies from Costco. I don't usually buy these, but I had a coupon. I treated myself to one yesterday. They are SOOOO good!

I am feeling...old. It's my baby sister's 37th birthday today. What a way to be reminded of how quickly time flies.

I am hearing...cartoons. And the whirr of the refrigerator motor.

I am tasting...my favorite morning breakfast. That multi-grain english muffin is so much tastier than the plain one.

I am smelling...chocolate chip Eggos. My oldest son loves them. I love the smell of fresh baked goods they leave in the kitchen.

It just takes a moment to observe your surroundings. Won't you join me?

1 comment:

Kristi said...

We went to Waffle House one Christmas Day, and I over indulged on chocolate chip waffles. I almost got sick, and to this day, I still can't eat them. How sad, huh? The whole moderation lesson was certainly learned on that day! lol

Don't feel old...it only gets worse as you really do get older! Happy birthday to your sister!