Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, July 20,2010...

Outside my window...the clouds begin to separate and a blue sky is peeking out. It's gonna be another hot and humid day.

I am thinking...of my son, and his extreme fear of the diving board.

I am thankful...that my little boy has learned to swim, better than others in his class, despite his fear and doubt of his own abilities.

I am going...to take my car for an oil change in just a little while.

I am wearing...my pj's for now. I'll be changing in a few minutes.

I am remembering...or at least trying to remember where I put the last receipt from the car mechanic. I think it's in my accordion folder.

I am currently...so busy running around doing errands that I barely have time to get my home chores done. So much for my life as a princess!

I am reading...Lamentations for morning devotions, and Surviving a Spiritual Mismatch in Marriage by Lee and Leslie Strobel. Excellent book.

I am waiting...for my son's breakfast to be ready so I can wake him up.

On my mind...all the stuff I need to get done but I'm behind on.

From the learning rooms...still haven't done anything but some reading. It's summer vacation, okay?

I am pondering these words..."When a man's wife becomes a Christian...Suddenly she has a love elationship with someone he can't even see...All he knows is that she's in love with somebody else, and he is jealous." - Linda Davis, How to be the Happy Wife of an Unsaved Husband.

From the kitchen today...I've got london broil in one crock pot and pinto beans in another. Bright and early, so it'll be ready before noon.

Around the house...are you ready? I have to change the bedsheets and wash bedding, wash towels, do regular laundry. Both bathrooms need to be cleaned, and the floors need mopping. Area rugs need vacuuming as well. Dusting in the family room. Yeah, I've got my work cut out for me, but I won't be home this morning. Ugh!

One of my favorite things...my car. Although it's given me some headaches lately, it's 9 years old and has been very reliable. I can understand it needing repairs after all these years; previous to this year the only repair it had ever gotten was a solenoid that was replaced. Other than that, it's worked like a charm.

A few plans for the rest of the week...we have a church meeting tomorrow, something important, and all those who serve are to attend. I'm anxious to find out what it's about. My son's Cub Scout troop has ice skating this week, and Sunday is beach day - a birthday party for one of the little cousins who's turning 4. Plus daily swim lessons, and all the rest of my usual days. My life is not one of leisure, but it is one of pleasure.

Here is a picture thought I'm sharing...and was able to download this week!

I found this Love plaque at Big Lots for just $5! I forgot to take a before picture, but this is a bridge above the kitchen sink that visually connects the cabinets on both sides. It had nothing on it and looked very plain. I like that this plaque has all the colors I love, and I was able to hang it using Command strips so no wood was harmed in the hanging of this artwork! LOL!! It gives the kitchen a warmth that was lacking before.

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. Have a blessed week.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

It's beautiful! I love good finds like that. Your curtains there look like one's I was thinking of purchasing for my kitchen. I just can't make a decision on what curtains to put in there. The window is so big, putting up the wrong one's ruin the whole room.

I'll be praying for your meeting at church, and I hope you can get much accomplished today! That book you are reading sounds phenominal... I pray you will get so much out of it!