Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thankful Thursdays


I have so much to be thankful for this week, I almost don't know where to start! I guess first of all I'm thankful for the power of prayer. Knowing the Lord is listening to my prayers and the prayers of millions upon millions astounds me, yet He not only hears, He answers. He gives peace. He reassures us of His love.


I was able to spend time with my friend DA yesterday. Despite the fact that she had a full hysterectomy on Friday she was moving around, slow but steady. At 65 years old I wasn't sure what to expect, but she's recuperating well. The one thing that has kept her going: the prayers and love of her family and friends. She's been contacted and visited by so many loved ones, she feels a bit overwhelmed. She also told me she's sure of getting better because so many people are praying for her. I am so thankful to know she's in the hands of the Great Physician, He who can heal beyond anything man can think of.


I also want to throw out a BIG thank you to my sister, who sent me a ton of scrapbooking supplies, just because. Those are the best gifts to receive! Now I have no excuse; I'm gonna get organized and get creative. I've been needing this little push, and I'm so thankful to have gotten it from someone I love and who loves me too.


Thankful Thursdays is hosted this month by Lynn at Spiritually Unequal Marriage. Have a blessed rest of your week.

1 comment: