Friday, August 6, 2010

The Friday Five

Here's my Friday Five for the first Friday in August - and the day my daughter comes home from college (just felt the need to slip that in):


1) What is your favorite drink of all time? Does it hold a special memory to you or is it just because it tastes good?
My favorite drink of all time would have to be passionfruit juice. My grandmother had a passionfruit tree in her backyard and she'd make the most delicious juice from it. Passionfruit tastes like a cross between orange and mango, sweet and a bit tart, and when made into freshly squeezed juice it is just wonderful. And yes, it holds special memories for me, because grandma made it with love.

2) Tea or coffee or hot cocoa?
Coffee, most definitely. I like tea and hot cocoa as well, but I have to have my morning cup of joe everyday.

3) Best summer time drink?
Ice cold lemonade. Or better yet, ice cold water. Nothing refreshes like it. I'm a Floridian, so I have lots of experience with summer weather. We have it year round.

4) Worst soda brand ever?
I don't like soda much, but I remember my dad buying champagne cola when we were kids. It's like taking regular cola and adding a 5 lb. bag of sugar to it. Instead of taking away the thirst, I'd end up thirstier than before. Defeats the purpose, as far as I'm concerned.

5) Water: flavored, bottled, carbonated, or regular old tap?
I drink lots of bottled water. I've not tried flavored water, so I don't know if I'd like it or not. South Florida water isn't the tastiest out of the tap, but it's okay filtered. Carbonated is good, but too expensive. Yep, I'd have to say bottled.

Hope everyone has a blessed Friday and a great weekend. Join me at the Friday Five today.

No comments: