Monday, August 30, 2010

Move It Mondays

It's Monday morning again, the second week of school, and there's plenty to do. I got up at 6:15 this morning to empty the dishwasher, get my son's lunchbox packed, get breakfast ready, wake my son up, iron hubby's shirt, and get myself ready to go out the door. Whew! Then I took my son to school. What we've been doing (for exercise for the two of us) is parking the car about 2 blocks away at the local supermarket and walking to school. I'd love to walk to school from our house, but because of the way the homes are built and the canals going through, there's no direct way to get there. It's a nice time for us to chat and joke around before he goes off to class.

I'm back home now, and here's the list of things to do for today:

Fold laundry
Fix beds
Get chicken in the oven
Clean kitchen
Clean family room
Pick up cousin's daughter from pre-k and drop off at her house
Clean master bath
Pick up E from school
Homework
Maaaybe finish a couple of scrapbooking pages? (I hope)

Yes, it's a fun filled day as always. It was a fun filled weekend too. Great time at church! I baked a coconut cream cake for Sunday school which disappeared as if by magic! Then I baked another cake, a sour cream coffee cake, for my brother-in-law's 47th birthday. That also seemed to vanish into thin air, come to think of it. Oh well, there's no better compliment than an empty plate!

Hope everyone has a wonderful week. Move It Mondays is hosted by Kristilea at In The Lord's Path. God bless.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

That's a wonderful idea about the partial walk to school!

I put chicken in the crockpot... It's a chicken day! Have a wonderful Monday, Arlene!