Saturday, August 21, 2010

Observing My Senses

For Today, August 21, 2010...

I am seeing...a brand new day, bright and sunny. We had a terrible thunderstorm yesterday but it looks like just sunshine today.

I am feeling...good about going to visit my friend today. Her surgery was in July and she's feeling much stronger now. We're gonna go over and encourage her.

I am hearing...my son singing. Can you think of a sound more charming than the voice of a 10 year old?

I am tasting...eggs, bacon, and wheat toast.

I am smelling...the comforting smells of home. I missed this place when we were gone.

It just takes a moment to observe your surroundings. Won't you join me?

2 comments:

Mrs. O said...

I am seeing ... the computer screen through just-woken-up eyes.

I am feeling ... rested but a bit sore from all my walking this past week (6 days straight!!).

I am hearing ... the birds talking to each other.

I am tasting ... toothpaste since it's the only thing I've put in my mouth so far.

I am smelling ... nothing. I have the windows closed and nothing cooking so I have no smell in the home. Guess that's a good thing, too. :)

Kristi said...

I love hearing my ten year old boy sing too. Of course, he has to compete with his little 5 year old sister who was born singing!

We are back home now, and taking our own vacation from our vacation! We came home 2, almost 3 days later than expected. We got in Friday morning at 6:00am after driving straight through. I am sooooo exhausted. It will be a few days before I get pictures up.

It stormed here last night and this morning and we had flooding all over town. The local Goodwill, Rite Aid, Rent A Center and other shops had almost a foot of water in them this morning. Some cars were stranded in the water as well. I took some pictures and wanted to post them, but again..so tired. Hopefully soon. I have some spectacular mountain shots from Colorado that I'm blowing up and hanging in my bedroom! So awesome!

I'm glad you are home and had a wonderful time as well!