Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, August 10, 2010...

Outside my window...the sky is blue with some white clouds, and the view is magnificent. Can't wait to get out there!

I am thinking...about all the fun we had yesterday. It was a great day!

I am thankful...to my God for providing us with so much more than we even dream of. He is so kind and generous.

I am going...to Aquatica today. It's the new SeaWorld waterpark that we can see from our hotel room.

I am wearing...my pj's. I'll be changing in a little while.

I am remembering...my oldest son, who's at home because he has to work and go to school. I think of him often.

I am currently...getting ready to have breakfast before heading out to another day of sun and fun.

I am reading...Hosea for morning devotions. That's it. No other reading going on right now.

I am waiting...for my daughter to finish up in the shower. Once she's done getting ready things speed up around here.

On my mind...sunshine and waterparks. I haven't been to a waterpark since my 20 year old daughter was a year old.

From the learning rooms...we learned a ton of stuff about wildlife at SeaWorld yesterday. As my son says, "It's fun, and educational!"

From the kitchen today...nothing. At least not from my kitchen. We have breakfast in the hotel room and the rest of our meals out at the parks. We pack snacks, though, to save money.

Around the house...again, nothing. I left everything neat, all laundry done, and I'm not the least bit worried about our house. But I will admit, I miss it already. Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home.

One of my favorite things...is not having to fix the bed in the morning. Someone else will come in later and do it for me.

A few plans for the rest of the week...Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, and Wet 'n Wild parks are all on the agenda. Hubby works all this week which is a bummer, but he feels better because the family is with him.

I wish I could download some pics, but this is an old laptop which doesn't have anywhere for me to plug in my memory card. You'll all have to wait till next week to see what we've been up to.

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. God bless.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

I hope you are having just a splendid time, and it sounds like you are! I pray the rest will be just as wonderful and I can't wait to see YOUR pictures!

I wish I could of been there seeing your daughter sing on Sunday...I bet that was just such a blessing. I am so thankful that the Lord allowed her the opportunity and you the blessing of being there to see it!

alisonwonderland said...

I love having someone come in and make my bed; that's one of the best parts of staying in a hotel! :)

dtbrents said...

I'm not getting on blogs as much but school for the grands start tomorrow and I will have more computer time. Right now they are at the age they want to play games on the computer. I am losing my short term memory and I'm sorry to say that I remember very little of your daybook. I do remember you vacation post. I hope you have a great week. Doylene