Saturday, October 16, 2010

Observing My Senses

For Today, October 16, 2010...

I am seeing...a new sunshiny day, and painted walls! I'm almost completely done - just need to paint behind the fridge! Then there's baseboards that still need painting, but I can get that done quick.

I am feeling...elated that most of the painting is done, and my house looks bright and cheery and fresh and new. Just in time for the holidays!

I am hearing...someone watering plants outside, and kids playing soccer in the nearby park. The windows are open because it's a cool and crisp morning. Our neighborhood is a peaceful one, thank the Lord, so the sounds outside are sweet.

I am tasting...eggs, bacon, cinnamon raisin toast and coffee. My morning pick-me-up.

I am smelling...cinnamon and raisins. If that doesn't conjure up pictures of a warm home, I don't know what does.

It just takes a moment to observe your surroundings. Won't you join me?

1 comment:

dtbrents said...

I love cinamon raisin toast. I'm always disapointed a littel when there's no raisins but when I make it myself there isn't. I wish my rooms were painted. I one bedroom that has fresh paint. We have little grands who draw on the wall when no one is looking. I love your blog. Doylene