Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Pumpkin Spice Cake

I'm breaking one of my rules and giving a cake recipe - one of my all-time favorites. This is a recipe that is so easy, and most people won't believe it comes out of a box because it is so delicious. Trust me though, it's wonderful!

Pumpkin Spice Cake

1 package Duncan Hines Spice Cake Mix (I've tried other cake mixes, but Duncan Hines works best)
1 package Jell-o Pumpkin Spice pudding mix (only available in the fall)
4 large eggs
1 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour bundt pan.

Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water and oil. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into bundt pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cake cool before frosting. My favorite frosting for this particular cake is cream cheese, but buttercream works great too. Even a simple sugar glaze would be fine.

I've had people who say they don't like pumpkin absolutely rave about this cake. Remember, Jell-o Pumpkin Spice pudding is only available now in the fall. If you don't see it in the stores, tell the store manager you want it. I usually get a dozen boxes because once it's off the shelves, you won't see it again. Try it, and let me know what you think. I'll bet it becomes one of your favorites, too!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

I made one almost just like this last year. I made it off of the Kraft website. The only difference I see, is that I used round cake pans, and cut them in half, putting the cream cheese frosting in between each layer. There was also pumkin spice in the creamcheese. I agree with you..it is an awesome cake! I made a second one for a church dinner, and everyone who ate it, LOVED IT!

Marybeth Whalen said...

Thanks so much for posting this! I am linking to it for my "in a food mood" feature next Monday!!

Momma Megan said...

Found your blog from Marybeth's link...thanks for sharing this recipe!