Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, October 19, 2010...

Outside my window...is a perfect South Florida day. The temperatures are in the 70's, the breeze is cool, the sky is blue and the clouds are puffy white. I love this time of year!

I am thinking...about my friend and some challenges she's facing right now. Praying for guidance for her family.

I am thankful for...my family, my home, and my wonderful God who gives these things to me.

I am going...to finish painting today. Everything's done except for behind the fridge. I can move that and be done this morning. Yay!

I am wearing...a black and white top, white capris and white flip-flops.

I am noticing...that my youngest son is getting tall. He's 10 years old and is the 2nd or 3rd tallest boy in his class. He just got measured in school and he's 4'10". When did he get so big?!

I am currently...pretty caught up with laundry, which is nice. Of course that doesn't last long.

I am reading...Acts for morning devotions, and another Agatha Christie book. I think I'm gonna get a couple more at the library today.

I am waiting...no way, I'm not waiting anymore. I've started Christmas shopping. I've got 3 presents done so far. I need to get moving, though. It's already October!

On my mind...my hubby's possible trip to Central Florida tomorrow. He's not too excited about it.

From the learning rooms...it's science project time. This year we're doing "Do Frozen Seeds Grow?" We have cucumber and green bean seeds in the freezer right now.

I am pondering these words... "Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were uneducated and untrained men, they marveled. And they realized that they had been with Jesus." - Acts 4:13.

From the kitchen today...steaks, done in the crock pot. That way I can focus on other stuff without worrying about cooking.

Around the house...after painting, the next project will be polishing floors.

One of my favorite things...is crock pot cooking. I love coming home and the house smells delicious.

A few plans for the rest of the week: library, Awana, Cub Scouts, and E has a birthday party this Saturday at a paint-ball park. That should be interesting.

Here's a picture thought I'm sharing...I got these on clearance at Lowe's. Isn't the bear cute? I put them out to surprise hubby, and boy was he surprised! He got home when it was already dark, and thought the thing was a possum! It made him jump out of his skin!! LOL!!!

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. Have a blessed week.

4 comments:

Shirley said...

I really like crock pot cooking, too. For the convenience and the smell!

It's hard to believe that we are nearing the end of October, huh? I wish time would slow down.. this is my favorite time of the year!

Mrs. O said...

Not so nice to scare the hubby!

And with the paintball thing, this may be weird but I suggest you get E a jock cup. I've heard horror stories of a paintball hitting guys in their privates ..... not good at all!! And don't be surprised but everywhere the paintball hits, he'll most probably have a bruise. Those suckers hurt!

Love Bears All Things said...

I like your new outdoor pieces and that looks like a succulent nearby...I love crockpot meals, too and prepping for meals in the morning that I'm going to cook in the afternoon.
I know you'll be happy to have your painting finished.
Mama Bear

dtbrents said...

I just admire you so much. I very seldom get anything done. I love your picture. I love the verse to ponder. I think of it often because I spend so much time with Jesus. When people comment on how young I look I always tell them "it's because I spend so much time with Jesus. A great post. I love what you are wearing. It sounds so Floridian. Doylene