Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, May 17, 2011...



Outside my window...the grass is getting taller thanks to some much needed rain on Saturday and Sunday. Now it's bright and sunny again, with no humidity. Just the way I like it.



I am thinking...of how quickly things can change from one moment to the next.



I am thankful...for a gift the Lord left on our doorstep last Monday. An American bulldog mix. She's the sweetest, most loving dog I have ever met. She was so skinny you could see her rib cage. She's getting healthier now, and has been a perfect lady. We've named her Molly.



I am going...to finish the laundry after this post, then have devotions with E.



I am wearing...a black top, black and white skirt, and white flip-flops.



I am noticing...how little time I've spent on the computer lately. The Lord is leading me to spend less time here and more time on my home and family. It's a good trade-off.



I am currently...caught up with pretty much everything I wanted to get done. Yay!



From the learning rooms...still reading Number the Stars (great book!) and also reading some Psalms for Awana.



I am praying for...the Lord to give me peace.



From the kitchen...ground beef and rice.



I am reading...Psalms - one per day. I read Psalm 1 this morning and hope to continue in that pattern till I've read them all.



On my mind...my son's school trip to a local zoo this Thursday. He's so excited about it.



Around the house...I'm trying to maintain order.



One of my favorite things...a sweet loving dog.



A few plans for the rest of the week...Awana tomorrow - there's ice cream for everyone! Then the normal stuff the rest of the week.



I wanted to upload a pic of Molly, but alas, Blogger isn't cooperating. Maybe later.



Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. God bless.

No comments: