Friday, June 10, 2011

Five Question Friday

Good Friday morning! It's the first day of summer vacation, but I still got up early this morning. I'm a morning person. I get up before 7:30 in the morning or my day is shot. I'm actually thankful for that. Firstly, because it's how God created me, and secondly, because I get everything done early and can relax later in the day. Or at least try to ;).

So here we are, another Friday, and another 5 questions, this time focusing on summer. Summertime used to be my favorite season, till I moved to South Florida where it's summer all the time. Now my favorite season is fall, but that's a few months away. Till then, here's to summer:

1. How close to your childhood dreams is your life now?
Let's see...as a child what I wanted most was to be a wife and mom, living in a nice house with a yard in a tropical climate (because I hate the cold). God has been veeeery good to me. He gave me the desires of my heart, and so much more.

2. What is one must have item for the summer?
Flip-flops. I wear them all the time, except for church. I'm old-school; I like dressing up for church. But everywhere else, it's flip-flops. Which reminds me, I'll need to get a pair of white ones. I had a pair for almost a year, but after wearing them day in and day out, they gave out. I can say I got good use out of them, that's for sure.
3. Do you have your kids stay up on school stuff during summer vacation? (Or, if you don't have kiddos, did your parents make you keep up on school stuff during summer?)
I do try to keep up, especially with reading. We go to the library once a week and look for fun reading material to read together. In the past we've also done some type of report. One year we studied about Australia because that was the VBS topic, and it was so interesting! I haven't decided what to study this year, but I do want to make sure we get some good books to read.

4. Do you can or freeze fresh produce?
No, I don't. I'm sure my mom knows how, but we grew up in the city where there wasn't much opportunity for canning or freezing.

5. Do you get ready for the day first thing in the morning?
Absolutely. Like I mentioned before, I'm a morning person. I have my devotions in the morning, as soon as I wake up, and it helps keep my day focused.

Would you like to give it a try? Visit Mama M. at My Little Life for your 5 questions. Have a blessed weekend.

No comments: