Friday, June 24, 2011

Five Question Friday

Good Friday morning! Can you believe it - I'm posting my Friday post, on Friday! I'm actually on schedule! I'm so impressed with myself. I'm also thankful it's Friday. It's been a long and busy week. This post should help me relax a bit:


1. What is your current favorite tv show?
That would be 19 Kids and Counting. I love the Duggars! What a loving, God-fearing family. It's also nice that I can watch it with my kids and not worry about content. Even during Anna Duggar's labor and birth there was nothing inappropriate. That's a lot to say in today's TV world. 10,000 channels and nothing good to watch.

2. What's the worst haircut you ever got?
There's something I remember vividly. My m-i-l was going to beauty school, studying to be a hair stylist. I'd allowed her to practice on me once, just a trim, and that was okay. She was doing hair coloring and needed actual hair to practice getting colors and tones right. I had long hair at the time, just under my shoulder blades. She asked if I was willing to give her my hair for her class, and I said no. I've never liked short hair for myself. So she was giving the family haircuts to practice, and stupid me let her give me haircut. I didn't have a mirror in front of me so I couldn't see what she was doing, and it didn't occur to me that she would do anything differently than what I'd asked. Before I knew it, she'd cut my hair so short it was like a guy's haircut. I was so upset I refused to let her touch my hair again. She never finished the beauty course, either.

3. What was something that you did as a child that you thought you were so cool for doing?
I thought playing the clarinet was pretty cool, until my friends started playing drums. Then I thought drums were way cooler :P.

4. Do you have any GREAT frugal family fun tips?
We're always looking for ways to save money, especially in the summer. We have 2 local Cobb Theaters that show free movies Tuesday - Thursday mornings at 10:00am. Last week we saw Shrek Forever After, totally free. The movies are typically one or two years old but hey, it's free, and the air conditioned theater feels really nice.

5. Would you drive across country if you had the money to fly?
That's an interesting question. I enjoy flying, and love the fact that I'll be where I need to be lickety-split. But this is a beautiful country, with all types of different terrains to be seen and discovered. I wouldn't mind driving through and seeing snow-capped mountains, lush green plains, deserts and beaches. Florida is wonderful, don't get me wrong, but it would also be great to see everything the USA has to offer.

See how easy that was? Now it's your turn. Join us at Mama M's My Little Life for some fun Friday trivia. Have a blessed weekend.

1 comment:

annies home said...

I played clarinet as well and yes I would consider myself a cool band member come see what I shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com