Friday, July 8, 2011

Five Question Friday

It's Friday, and you know what that means! Five Question Friday time! Today's questions are doozies; let's see how well I do.

1. Do you think cursive writing is overrated? (Schools in Indiana have now voted to take teaching cursive writing out of their curriculum.)
I've always read that cursive writing helps with motor skills. It's also necessary to know some cursive if you plan on signing your name in a way that's legible. But I can understand why some schools want to take it out of the curriculum - everything is electronic now. Even signatures, like if you decide to do your income taxes online, are done electronically. Cursive is difficult for children like my son who are dyslexic, too. I would miss it, though. There's something so classy about a note or letter written in cursive.

2. Do you still use a pocket calendar or notepad or do you keep your info on your smart phone?
I use the calendar in the kitchen to keep my appointments and notes on. I have a Blackberry, but I just can't get used to putting stuff on it. I always forget.

3. What 3 things would you save if your house was burning down? (family & pets are already safe)
*Photo albums - especially scrapbooks. Those can't be replaced.
*Important documents, such as birth certificates, marriage certificates, etc. Replaceable, but it takes a long time to do
*I can't think of anything else valuable enough to keep me in a burning house.

4. Country Mouse or City Mouse, err Person?
Born and raised city mouse, but a country mouse at heart.

5. If you could pick ANY reality show to go on, which would you pick?
That's easy, 19 Kids and Counting! I'd love to visit the Duggars out in Tontitown, Arkansas. Of all the reality shows on TV, it's the only one that appears "real" to me. And those kids are just gorgeous!

Oh, come on, you know you want to do this meme too! Join Mama M at My Little Life and answer your own five questions. Have a blessed weekend.

No comments: