Saturday, July 9, 2011

Observing My Senses

For Today July 9, 2011...

I am seeing...the sky kinda sorta clearing up. It rained this morning; the rain has stopped and there's some blue sky, but I wonder how long it will last.

I am feeling...some apprehension about our next trip to Orlando. We're leaving next Tuesday to get my older kids set up in their apartment, but we don't have a dog sitter yet, there's lots of moving and purchasing to be done, and my hubby wants to relax and go to some of the parks. I don't know if I can relax at this point.

I am hearing...cartoons in my bedroom. My youngest son is awake.

I am tasting...pancakes that got a little overdone. I usually make them on the cast iron skillet but this time I used a regular pan which overheated. These pancakes are just a tad crunchy.

I am smelling...Log Cabin syrup. I know this isn't authentic maple syrup, but it's what my mom used to buy, so it reminds me of my childhood.

It just takes a moment to observe your surroundings. Won't you join me?

No comments: