Saturday, October 8, 2011

Observing My Senses

For Today, October 8, 2011...

I am seeing...more rain clouds closing in.  It started raining yesterday and has stopped only for short intervals.  We've gotten lots of rain and thunderstorms, which is great because it has lowered the temps a bit.  The last few days were dry and breezy, now it's rainy and breezy.  It's starting to feel like fall.

I am feeling...empowered.  The Lord gives me strength beyond measure.  His promise to never leave me nor forsake me is evident.  "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me." - Psalm 23:4

I am hearing...the fan in my daughter's bedroom.  I keep it on for our dog Molly.

I am tasting...the hash browns I had for breakfast this morning.  I don't want to keep tasting them, even if they were good.

I am smelling...Lysol air freshener.  Molly needs a bath, but I can't bathe her inside the house.  She hates baths and would make a mess.  I also can't bathe her outside because of the rain.  She isn't the type of dog that freaks out during thunderstorms, but don't expect her to take a step outside during one!  So her bath will have to wait, and in the meantime Lysol will keep the air fresh. :)

It just takes a moment to observe your surroundings.  Won't you join me?

No comments: