Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, October 12, 2011...

Outside my window...the sun is helping the waters recede from yesterday's intense storms.  The rain started around 4:30pm and continued till late into the night.  It rained heavy enough that the backyard was starting to flood.  Good thing the waters went down - I was starting to thing we were gonna have to build an ark!

I am thinking...of the reading for this week, Genesis 37, and Joseph.  A righteous young man who served the Lord yet everything kept going wrong.  Life is often like that, and I'm glad we have these godly examples in Scripture to remind us God is in control.

I am thankful...for my family.

I am going...to Awana tonight.

I am wearing...a blue top, blue and white prairie style skirt, and flip-flops.  It's still warm here, in the mid 70's during the night and morning, and mid 80's by the afternoon.

I am noticing...darker mornings.  Daylight savings time is coming up, and not a moment too soon.

I am pondering these words..."God is responsible for the end results of my efforts to obey and follow Him.  I'm responsible for staying on the path He has marked out for me." - Dr. Bob Barnes.

I am praying...for our Awana team and the girls in my group.

From the learning rooms...science projects have begun, and E is doing the Cooked Bean Experiment.  He's also working on a project for Geography, a pictionary with drawings and definitions of different earth formations and such.

From the kitchen...fish tacos.  My newest favorite meal.

I am reading...the newest Duggar book, A Love That Multiplies.  Got it yesterday from Amazon.  Loving it so far.

On my mind...doctor's appointments and possible procedures.  I have very bad monthly cycles which lead to anemia.  I'm looking into a procedure that would help correct that.

Around the house...not a whole lot to do today.  I'm thankful for that.

One of my favorite things...brownies a la mode.  I baked some Duncan Hines brownies that are to die for, and with a scoop of vanilla Blue Bell ice cream, I'm one happy mama.

Wanna join in the fun?  Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  God bless.

No comments: