Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, October 18, 2011...

Outside my window...the rain continues.  It's been raining pretty steadily since Sunday afternoon.  The rain has been heavy at times, but most of it has been drizzling.  The sky is grey and dreary.

I am thinking...of my sister and brother and their upcoming trip to Florida.

I am thankful...for our public library.  It's a treasure trove if you have the time and patience to peruse.

I am going...to stay home this evening.  It's too wet out to be going anywhere.

I am wearing...a dark pink top, white skirt with pink and brown geometric pattern, and white flip-flops.

I am hoping...the weather lady is right and Thursday will bring temps in the 60's.  That's more fall-like than all this rain.

I am pondering these words..."Living He loved me, dying He saved me, buried He carried my sins far away.  Rising He justified freely forever.  One day He's coming, Oh Glorious Day, Oh Glorious Day!" - Casting Crowns.

I am praying...for my daughter's best friend JB.  She's having trouble at her new job.  It's tough to get a job in this economy, and even tougher when you do get a job and your boss is a jerk.

From the learning rooms...E is finishing up his geography report, and we're still working on the science project. We're on the bibliography page.

From the kitchen...spaghetti and shrimp.  I know, that was tomorrow's menu, but I swapped the days.

I am reading...nothing at the moment.  Just finished the Duggar's book A Love That Multiplies.  Gleaned some good ideas from that one.

On my mind...nothing.  I'm tired right now.

Around the house...I got a lot done yesterday but didn't get caught up yet.  Still have a load of laundry to do.  How do 3 people generate so much dirty clothes?

One of my favorite things...Menchies!  It's a local frozen yogurt shop.  E and I just got back from there.  I had chocolate yogurt with crunch pieces over coconut yogurt with pineapple chunks.  That was my dinner, and boy was it yummy!

Wanna join in the fun?  Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  God bless.

2 comments:

leah said...

That song from Casting Crowns is one of my favorites. It is good to ponder the words again!

Elizabeth Herr said...

Hi Arlene,
Thanks for stopping by my blog :) I also love those words from Casting Crowns to ponder! Life's been pretty stressful in my life for the last couple of months, but God is still God!
Blessings,