Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, October 25, 2011...

Outside my window...the sun is out and it's warmer than it's been the past few days.  It's also more humid, which means I can't have the windows open.  Bummer.

I am thinking...of this new hurricane that just appeared and is headed towards Cancun Mexico.  Here we are, almost at the end of hurricane season, and it looks like this one is headed our way!  We're gonna have to keep an eye on it.

I am thankful...for the technology that tracks hurricanes.  Just think if we didn't know the storms were coming and didn't have time to prepare!  The men and women working at the hurricane center do a great service for us.

I am going...to be cleaning bathrooms this morning.  My very least favorite chore. :P

I am wearing...a white shirt with black and purple paisley print, jean capris and flip-flops.  It's 76 degrees out this morning.

I am noticing...how the changes in weather affect me.  I have a sore throat and my voice is almost gone.

I am hoping...hurricane Rina skirts between Florida and Cuba and doesn't touch land.  At.  All.

I am pondering these words..."Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward.  It is the Lord Christ you are serving." - Colossians 3:23-24.

I am praying...for a family that lost a son in a 4-wheeler accident.  A tenth grader.  I can't begin to imagine the pain they're suffering.

From the learning rooms...E got an "AAA" on his history project (Yay!) and we began the actual experiment for his science project yesterday.  There are 7 petri dishes on the dining room window sill, with lentil beans in each.  The first has raw beans, the rest have beans cooked at different intervals.  Let's see which ones grow.

From the kitchen...I haven't decided yet.  Chicken, I think.  I'm just not feeling well today.

I am reading...my Bible, and nothing else.  I hate when I don't feel well.  Even the energy to read is gone.

On my mind...sore throats and hurricanes.  I need something cheerful to replace these worrisome thoughts.

Around the house...I gave the kitchen a good scrubbing yesterday.  Then I cooked.  Kitchens don't stay clean for very long :P.  Today it's bathrooms.  Same story.

One of my favorite things...a nice hot cup of coffee in the morning.

Wanna join in the fun?  Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  Have a blessed day.

5 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Arlene!

Thank yous so much for visiting my blog and leaving such a beautiful comment - and you are so right - what would this life be like without faith? Thank you for your prayers.

I was listening to the news this morning and heard about hurricane Rina - my prayers will be with you, that you start feeling better, and that the hurricane misses you!

Well, I'm off to scrub bathrooms too! Don't work too hard . . . :0)

Blessings,
Barb

dee said...

Praying the hurricane doesn't affect you, & that you feel better soon.

Country Girl said...

Well I hope that you are feeling better! It's no fun being sick. :/ Totally jealous of your weather! It's COLD and rainy here.

Alesia said...

Hey Arlene,
Have you ever checked out crockpotgirls.com?
They started on facebook and then moved to their own website. I get lots of ideas from their site. I found a recipe for chicken and dumplins that is amazing.

Alesia

Denise :) said...

I enjoyed your daybook! Haha -- even if you did mention the dreaded cleaning the bathrooms! Have a great week! :)